Wednesday, August 22, 2012

How do I pack the bike?


Alright!!!  Let's go!!!! It's time to take this show on the road!  Here's to fire relief and a great race!  I'll be blogging everyday through next Monday.  So, stick with me and help me raise a money for a worthy cause if you haven't already.  I'm off to Louisville.  Wait.... how the heck am I going to get my bike from Denver to Louisville, Kentucky.  I think the airline is probably going to have a problem with me going carry on with that isn't it.

Matt's breaking down my bike!



Enter the Matt man!  I called Matt up a few weeks back to help me figure out a good, affordable way to transport my bike. He said to bring it over.  Matt is an under appreciated yeoman high school social studies teacher my wife Dawn has had the pleasure of knowing for about 8 years now.  Matt rides his bike to work 10 miles to and from work everyday.  And, I mean everyday.... sun, rain, snow, sleet, freezing drizzle, flying monkeys... Matt's getting there on his bike.

Matt also happens to be a bike mechanic junkie.  I took my bike over to him in one piece yesterday and he took me through how to disassemble (and later reassemble) it and put it in a bike box to take with me.  Bike packed and ready to go!  Check!

Okay, now for packing!  Whoa!  This isn't my average packing trip.  I'm not used to packing gear like this.  I have to admit, it came as a bit of a surprise to me everything I was going to need to make it out the door!  I packed enough energy bars and Gatorade in my bag that if we rewired the plane to it, the plane wouldn't need jet fuel to make it to Louisville.

Everything's packed now!  But wait... what am I doing for fun.... I need something to help me forget about the pain and laugh during this, and have fun!  Hmmm, oh yeah, pirates.  They make me happy.    That's nothing e-bay can't help me take care of.  There... some temporary pirate tattoos and (yo-ho, yo-ho) a pirate's patch for me.  I'll have them shipped straight to the hotel. Arghhh!!!

Tomorrow it's off to the airport to catch up with my fellow Ironman buds and take the midday flight to Louisville.  Let's get that bird in the air!

So that's how I'm supposed to use it!


No comments:

Post a Comment